Today’s freebie is an adorable set of caterpillar playdough counting mats to 10. These mats are ideal for practicing counting and number recognition.
I love playdough mats because it incorporates a few aspects in one activity. It can be used to teach colours while working those little fingers, improving fine motor skills. In this case, it can also work as a spring themed activity.
Caterpillar Playdough Counting Mats #1-10 – Free Math Printable
Scroll to the bottom of this post and enter in your details in the GREEN box at the end of this post. You should receive an email with the printable. Do check your junk or spam email, as it might have ended up there as well. If you have any issues please contact me at [email protected]
Spring Math Centers
Winter has come to an end, which means it is finally Spring. I love creating seasonal math printables and I am right onto doing just that. I plan on releasing quite a few spring related math centers between PreK to 3rd grade, so do check back for new printables. Scroll to the end of this post or click here to look for other posts related to math centers.
Caterpillar Playdough Mats #1-10
I simply love these playdough mats, the clipart is so cute, and most of all, playdough mats are so much fun. I love that they can be used to teach so many skills at once, but still make the learners feel like they are playing instead of studying.
- Free printable
- Laminator or sheet protector
- Playdough or any other manipulatives such as mini erasers
How to Use:
- Simply print the sheets in colour or black and white.
- Laminate or slide the sheets into a sheet protector.
- Make sure that the sheets are protected to prevent the playdough from sticking to the paper.
Ideas for Using The Printable:
Ask your learner to count the number of ‘circles’ on the caterpillar’s body, and then place the correct number of playdough balls into the 10 frame.
Alternatively, learners may also use spring themed items such as mini flower erasers and place these in the ten-frame for counting.
If leaners, are interested, they can also match the circles on the caterpillar’s bodies with matching pom-poms to make a caterpillar of their own. This will double up as a colour activity as well then.
There are a total of 10 playdough counting mats. It comes in colour and black and white, so do print whichever suits you.
Play dough mats are a fun way to prompt your child and get them engaged in play. Play dough helps to build fine motor skills. Our kiddos little hands are not strong enough to hold a pencil and write letters and play dough works to fix that. Every time our kids pinch, squeeze, and roll play dough their hands get stronger and they are working the muscles that they will use in the future to hold a pencil or scissors.
Grab your freebie here!
Check out this free construction playdough mats as well!
Check out these math printables as well!
- Free Place Value Task Cards (Spring Themed)
- Write the Fact Family: Addition and Subtraction (Spring Themed)
- Spring Math Center: Frog Counting Clip Cards
- What’s the Greatest Number? (Free Spring Math Center)
- Spring Number Bond Task Cards
- PreK-K Football Math Centers (28 centers)
- Write The Room Fact Family: Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication Fact Booklets
- Seasonal Number Bond Task Cards
- FREE! Spot the Difference Printable