Toddler Learning Folder Printable (includes a Freebie)
Farm and Wild Animals Sorting Activity – File Folder Activity
Hello! Today, I am sharing a new FREE printable. This printable was designed to be used with a toddler, and can be incorporated into a learning folder or a busy binder activity but you can use it however you see fit. Scroll to the end of this post to get your free printable.
The printable contains two sheets, one with the sorting mats, the other page consists of the pictures to sort. There are a total of 8 animals, making it 4 animals for each category. Since its for toddlers I have omitted the words and only used pictures to make it easier for them to sort.
- Printable (can be found at the end of this post)
- Velcro dots
How to use:
- Print out the pages. Lamination is recommended if you plan to do this activity a few times.
- Cut out the pictures of the animals.
- Attach velcro dots to the animals as well as the sorting sheets. I prefer putting the rough side of the velcro dots on the sorting sheet and softer part of the velcro on the animal cards. This depends on your preference.
- Present the sorting sheet along with the animals.
- Start off with the animals already sorted, then remove the animals, and present it to the child and ask them to sort the animals. During this process explain to your child about the differences between farm and wild animals, how they live, differences in habitats, and so on.
Do leave a comment if you enjoyed this printable and also if you would like more of these printables! Thanks for the support and happy teaching!
To grab your free copy of this printable click here.