These Community Helpers Sorting Mats are a perfect addition to a Community Helpers Unit. The printable includes 26 sorting mats focusing on different community helpers and their tools all with real photos. Learners will focus on identifying the community helper and their objects and sort the photos accordingly onto the mats.
Students are required to sort the tools or objects that the community helper uses onto the respective sorting mats. Completed examples of mats are shown.
*Check out the preview for a look inside the printable!*
This printable is also included in the following bundle:
What is in this printable?
– The printable contains 26 sorting mats and photos of the tools used by the respective community helpers.
– Each community helper has 6 tools or objects included (real photos are used for all).
– The word for each object is also included, and can be printed such that the word is at the back of the photo if required.
The community helpers included in this set are:
- Police Officer
- Mail Carrier
- Garbage Collector
- Construction Worker
Using the printable:
- Print the required pages and the matching cards for the mats. Print the photo cards double-sided if you would like the word to be at the back of the card.
- Attach transparent velcro dots to the back of each card and the sorting mats to prevent the cards from moving around.
- Learners will pick up the photo card of the tool identify which community helper uses it and place it on the correct mat.
- Differentiate the printable by varying the number of mats used at a given time.
For more Community Helpers Printables check out the printables below:
- Let’s Infer, Who am I? – Community Helpers Riddles
- Community Helpers Craft Activity
- Community Helpers Color by Code
- Pocket Chart Sentences – Community Helpers
This resource is licensed for personal classroom or home use only. Any commercial use is not permitted.