Winter Themed Rhyming Center – Snowman Rhyming Word Families
Looking for a fun winter rhyming activity? These Snowman Word Families are the perfect winter literacy center to practice rhyming words for kindergarten. Learners will have fun building their rhyming snowman word families with this fun Build a Rhyming Snowman activity. This packet will help learners practice their word families all while building a snowman in easy rhyming words. Learners will identify the words that rhyme with each other and match the snowballs under the correct word family based on the rhyming sounds. There are a total of 26 word families included in this printable. For the complete list, check out the
- This printable is part of the Kindergarten Winter Math and Literacy Centers.
What is included in this Winter Snowman Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten?
- 26 Word Families
- List of Words
- Black and White copies (also includes a version with less color ink)
- Includes versions with and without words
Most of the word families have 5 corresponding pictures, except for a few word families. The snowman heads contain the word family on the top of the hat, while the snowballs contain the pictures of the different word families.
How do learners complete this Winter Snowman Rhyming Puzzles activity?
- Present learners with the snowballs and the snowman head word families.
- Learners will sound out the word and identify the word that rhymes with it and match the pieces together to build the snowman.
- Learners will match the pictures in the snowballs to the heads of the snowman with the correct word family. They will continue doing this until they finish building the snowman word family.
- They will create a rhyming snowman.
Preparing this Winter Literacy Activity for Kindergarten:
- Print the pages, laminate them and cut them apart.
This activity can be differentiated by changing the number of snowballs and word families used at a single time depending on the learner’s needs. To make this activity more challenging present the learner with more word families and snowball pictures to work with and vice versa.
How to best use this Kindergarten Rhyming Snowman Literacy Center:
- Explore during morning work
- Assign as supplemental literacy centers
- Implement these centers in an independent way or use them with small-groups.
Here’s what my happy customers are saying about this resource:
⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐” These are great for differentiation, skills practice, automaticity, and fluency. These are good for morning work, independent work, and homework.” – Angela A G.
⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐” Great center! I wish it came with some kind of sheet for recording but my students were engaged and understood the center easily!” -Sofia B..
⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐” Great for my task boxes and centers for students in my self-contained classroom.” – Amanda M.
⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ “Loved this resource! So easy to use in my classroom. Can’t wait to use it again!” – Megan D.
⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ “ Loved this resource for rhyming!” – Molli W.
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review.
Have a question? Feel free to reach out via email at [email protected].
You can also follow me on Instagram @TheChattyKinder.
Or check out The Chatty Kinder blog for free printables.
Happy teaching! 😊