Alphabet Letter Matching Activity – Kindergarten Back to School Literacy Center
This Alphabet Letter Matching activity will make the perfect Literacy Center for your Kindergarten students this Back to School season. Learners will explore uppercase and lowercase letters across two levels of difficulty – one version providing upper and lowercase letter outlines, and one version with just uppercase letter outlines provided.
Perfect for use during kindergarten literacy centers or with small groups of students, this back to school letter matching activity is simple to prepare and can be used again and again. Learners use magnetic letters to match uppercase and lowercase letters to the match-up cards then record the letters on the recording sheets provided.
⭐ This Back to School Kindergarten Literacy Center is also included in the following bundle:
What’s included in this Back to School Letter Matching Literacy Center?
- Level 1 match-up cards – both uppercase and lowercase letter outlines are included on the card, learners only have to recognize and match the letters
- Level 2 match-up cards – only the uppercase letter outline is provided, learners will have to figure out the lowercase letter and match it to the uppercase letter
- 2 differentiated recording sheets –
- Learners trace the uppercase and lowercase match
- The uppercase letter is provided, learners write the lowercase letter themselves
How to best use this Kindergarten Letter Matching Literacy Center?
- Print which version you’d like learners to use.
- Provide learners with magnetic letters or a dry-erase marker. Learners can use the magnetic letters or trace/write the letter on the card.
- They can record their answers in the recording sheet if required.
Preparing this Back to School Alphabet Activity for Kindergarten:
- Print and laminate the pages.
- Cut apart to create the cards.
- Print recording sheets if required.
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review. Happy teaching! 🙂
Have a question?
Please email me at [email protected]