Color Sorting Mats (with real photos)
Looking for a fun to identify colors in everyday objects? These Color Sorting Mats are the perfect activity to get your students recognizing and identifying colors in objects around them. Featuring real photos of objects, these Color Sorting Mats are the perfect activity to explore and learn about colors in a hands-on and engaging way.
Encouraging exploration of 11 colors, this engaging Kindergarten math center features age-appropriate images of objects to allow learners to connect the colors to the world around them. Perfect for use during kindergarten math centers or with small groups of students, these color math mats are simple to prepare and can be used again and again.
⭐ This printable is also part of the following bundles:
What is included in the Color Sorting Mats Activity?
– 11 Color Sorting Mats
– 66 Picture Cards with Real Photos
– 11 Black and White Mats
These color sorting mats make for a great hands-on sorting activity.
The activity mats are ready to go, just print, laminate, & cut. Children sort the cards by color. The color pictures are real photographs of colored objects.
Makes a great center activity!
How do learners complete this Kindergarten Color Sorting Center?
- Present learners with the color sorting mats and color picture cards with the photos.
- Learners match each picture card to the corresponding color mat.
Preparing this Kindergarten Color Sorting Activity:
- Print the color sorting mats and picture and laminate. For a printer-friendly version print the sorting mats onto colored paper, or color in the box at the top.
- Cut apart the picture cards and laminate.
- Attach velcro dots to the picture cards and the sorting mats for a fun file binder activity as well.
How to best use this Back to School Color Match and Sort Center:
- Explore during morning work
- Assign as supplemental math centers
- Implement these centers in an independent way or use them with small-groups.
Please email me at [email protected]