Middle Sounds Sorting Activity – Kindergarten Winter Literacy Center (Medial)
This Middle Sounds Sorting Activity makes the perfect Literacy Center for your Kindergarten students this Winter. Learners will identify and sort picture cards based on the medial short vowel sound. This medial sounds sorting activity is the perfect way to reinforce your lessons about medial sounds.
Perfect for use during kindergarten literacy centers or with small groups of students, this winter middle sound sorting activity is simple to prepare and can be used again and again. Color and black and white picture cards are provided along with an optional black and white worksheet for students to further demonstrate their learning.
⭐ This printable is also part of the following bundles:
What is included in this Winter Middle Sounds Sorting Center for Kindergarten?
- Winter themed short vowel sounds sorting mat
- 45 short vowel picture cards – 9 for each sound
- Differentiated recording sheets – 2 Versions
- Color and Black and white versions
How do learners complete this Winter Middle Sounds Sorting activity?
- Present learners with the sorting mats and the picture cards.
- Learners sort the picture cards based on the middle/medial sound that they hear in the word and match it to the correct box on the sorting mat.
- They can record their answers in the recording sheet, if required.
Preparing this Winter Middle Sounds Activity for Kindergarten:
- Print the pages, laminate them and cut them apart.
- Print recording sheets, if using.
How to best use this Kindergarten Middle Sounds Sorting Literacy Center:
- Explore during morning work
- Assign as supplemental literacy centers
- Implement these centers in an independent way or use them with small-groups.
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review. Happy teaching! 🙂
Have a question?
Please email me at email@example.com