Patterns AB, AAB, ABC, ABB – Kindergarten Back to School Math Center
This Paint Splat Pattern Activity makes the perfect Math Center for your Kindergarten students this Back to School season. Learners will build, extend and problem solve across three activities involving AB, ABC, AAB and ABB patterns.
Perfect for use during kindergarten math centers or with small groups of students, this back to school pattern activity is simple to prepare and can be used again and again. Color pattern cards are provided along with an optional black and white worksheet for students to further demonstrate their learning.
⭐ This printable is also part of the following bundles:
What is included in this Back to School Math Center for Kindergarten resource?
All the activities in this resource cover 4 pattern sequences; AB, ABC, AAB and ABB. This allows for differentiation depending on the learner.
Pattern Activities include:
- Build the Pattern (color)
- Extend the Pattern (color)
- What is Missing? (color)
- Worksheet Option (black and white)
How do learners complete this Kindergarten Pattern Math Center?
- Build the Pattern: Learners use circle counters, counting bears or snap cubes and place them onto the paint splats based on the color to build the different patterns.
- Extend the Pattern: Learners identify the pattern and use manipulatives to continue and complete the pattern.
- What is Missing? Learners use manipulatives to fill in the missing piece in the pattern. They need to recognize and identify the pattern first.
Preparing this Back to School Kindergarten Math Pattern Center:
- Print the pattern pages and laminate.
- Cut apart to create the different pattern cards.
How to best use this AB AAB ABC ABB Patterns Activity for Kindergarten:
- Explore during morning work
- Assign as supplemental math centers
- Implement these centers in an independent way or use them with small-groups.
For more engaging Kindergarten Math Activities, check out the following resources:
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review. Happy teaching! 🙂
Are you following The Chatty Kinder?
Be sure to follow my TpT store and never miss a new resource.
You can also follow me on Instagram @TheChattyKinder.
Or check out The Chatty Kinder blog for free printables.
For freebies, sign up for my mailing list over here.
Have a question? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org