Let’s Read and Infer! These Community Helper “Who am I?” riddles are a great way to practice inferencing with your kindergarteners and first graders. Learners will read the clues and make inferences on the identity of the community helper in the riddle. This is a low-prep and fun inferencing activity for your young detectives!
Filled with 41 community helper riddles, this printable makes a great addition to a community helpers unit or ‘jobs’ week at school. Featuring real photos of the community helpers this activity is sure to be a hit amongst your learners!
Check out the preview for a look inside.
⭐SAVE $$$ and grab this as part of the COMMUNITY HELPERS UNIT BUNDLE.
What does this “Who am I?” inferencing activities printable include?
- 41 community helper riddles
- Each riddle comes with a text describing the work/job of the community helper.
- Matching community helper pictures with text label. All the pictures used are real-life photos of the community helpers.
How to use this Community Helpers Riddles Printable:
- Learners will read the clues, infer and deduce the community helper mentioned.
- They will then match it to the picture card of the community helper.
- Students can play a ‘I have, who has’ game, once they read and deduce who the community worker is they can ask who has their community helper label.
- This activity can be used as part of an oral communication, a group discussion for students to bounce ideas off one another.
What are the Community Helpers included in this printable:
There are a total of 41 community helper riddles included! This allows for a great variety. The list of the helpers included is listed below.
- Police officer
- Bus driver
- Garbage Collector
- Construction worker
- Flight attendant
- Life guard
- Mail carrier
If there are any issues/mistakes please do not hesitate to contact me using the ‘Ask a Question’ feature for this product. I might have overlooked mistakes so please do excuse me. 🙂
If you loved this resource do leave me a review. Thank you. 🙂
Please email me at [email protected]