Winter CVC Words Activity Building Snowball Cards – Winter CVC Literacy Center
Here is our fun and engaging Literacy center for your student that teaches letter sounds and recognition! This CVC Word Building activity will make the perfect Literacy Center activity for your Kindergarten students this Winter season. Incorporating letter / sound recognition, handwriting practice and fine motor skills, this engaging back to winter themed kindergarten literacy center features a fun, snowball format and age-appropriate picture cards and CVC words.
Perfect for use during kindergarten literacy centers or with small groups of students, these winter snowball CVC word-building cards are simple to prepare and can be used again and again. Both color and black-and-white versions are included in this resource along with recording sheets for students to record their learning.
⭐ This printable is also part of the following $$$-saving bundles:
What is included in this Winter CVC Literacy Center for Kindergarten?
- List of Words (Color / black & white)
- 55 CVC picture cards (color / black & white)
- Recording sheets – with or without handwriting lines
- Each CVC card comes with 3 snowballs for learners to build the word.
How do learners complete this Winter word building mat activity?
- Present learners with the snowball cards which contain the CVC word pictures on them.
- Provide learners with a dry erase marker, moveable letters and a recording sheet, if using.
- Learners pick a card and identify the picture on the card.
- Next, learners use moveable letters to build the CVC word in the snowballs on the card.
- Alternatively, learners use the dry erase marker to write the word on the snowballs.
- Finally, learners record their CVC word on the recording sheet, if using.
Note: ‘car’ has been replaced with ‘cab’.
Preparing this Winter CVC Word Building Activity for Kindergarten:
- Print the pages and laminate them.
- Cut them apart to create the CVC word building strips.
- Print recording sheets, if using.
How to best use this Kindergarten CVC Word Building Literacy Center:
- Explore during morning work
- Assign as supplemental literacy centers
- Implement these centers in an independent way or use them with small-groups.
Here’s what my happy customers are saying about this resource:
⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐” What a great hands on activity for my kinders! They can either use letters to put on the word cards or laminate and write using an expo marker.” – Sonia H.
⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ “ My students had a great time using this for centers. They were proud to be spelling and sounding out words.” – Ursula S.
⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ “ My first graders loved this resource! I put it in my centers today and it worked out great!” – Tanjya K.
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review.
Have a question? Feel free to reach out via email at [email protected].
You can also follow me on Instagram @TheChattyKinder.
Or check out The Chatty Kinder blog for free printables.
Happy teaching! 😊