Firefly Counting Clip Cards 1 – 10
Today, I am sharing a free counting clip card printable. Preschoolers and toddlers will love these Firefly Counting Clip cards! This hands-on activity is fun and can be used multiple times. The activity focuses on the numbers from 0 – 10. These clipcards are a great math activity for students to practice numbers and counting.
This is a free printable so click the download lick at the end of this post to get your free printable.
Clip cards are simple to prepare (see instructions below) and once they’re made, just throw in a few clothespin for a maths center. How easy is that? Clip cards are one of those activities that can be used to teach a few skills in one activity. Maths + fine motor skills; how’s that for multi-tasking?
When children use clip cards they are practicing:
- one-to-one correspondence
- number recognition
- fine motor (pinching the clothespin)
These firefly themed clipcards can be used during anytime of the year honestly, but you could put it into an insect theme or just use it anytime you find convenient. Bug-lovers will probably like this set of counting clipcards.
HOW TO USE:
- Laminate and cut apart. Lamination is recommended especially if these are going to be clipped using clothespin; you don’t want your papers tearing before you get any use out of them. Those little fingers can be pretty strong.
- Provide clothespin so students can count the number of footballs and clip the corresponding number.
- To make the cards self-checking, put a dot on the reverse side of the card.
- You can also use manipulatives such as buttons and ask the students to cover the correct answer.
- The cards can be stored in a small box with some clothespin and be done as an independent activity among early finishers in kindergarten or can be used as a group activity during preschool session. Get students to pair up and ask them to work on counting and clipping the cards.
And best of all, these clip cards are completely free! Just click on the link below to download the file.