Middle Sounds Sorting Activity – Kindergarten Back to School Literacy Center
This Middle Sounds Sorting Activity makes the perfect Literacy Center for your Kindergarten students this Back to School season. Learners will identify and sort picture cards based on the medial short vowel sound.
Perfect for use during kindergarten literacy centers or with small groups of students, this back to school middle sound sorting activity is simple to prepare and can be used again and again. Color, partial color and black and white picture cards are provided along with an optional black and white worksheet for students to further demonstrate their learning.
⭐ This printable is also part of the following bundles:
What is included in this Back to School Middle Sounds Sorting Center for Kindergarten?
- 5 Short Vowel Crayon Boxes (color and black and white)
- 30 Crayons with short vowel pictures – 6 for each sound (color, partial color and black and white)
- Differentiated recording sheets
How do learners complete this Back to school Middle Sounds Sorting activity?
- Present learners with the crayon boxes and the crayon pictures.
- Learners sort the crayons based on the middle/medial sound that they hear in the word and match it to the correct crayon box.
- They can record their answers in the recording sheet, if required.
Preparing this Back to School Middle Sounds Activity for Kindergarten:
- Print the pages, laminate them and cut them apart.
- Print recording sheets, if using.
How to best use this Kindergarten Middle Sounds Sorting Literacy Center:
- Explore during morning work
- Assign as supplemental literacy centers
- Implement these centers in an independent way or use them with small-groups.
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review. Happy teaching! 🙂
Have a question?
Please email me at [email protected]