Beginning Sounds Craft Activity – Kindergarten Back to School Literacy Center
This Beginning Sounds Craft activity will make the perfect Literacy Center for your Kindergarten students this Back to School season. Learners will explore the beginning sounds for 78 age-appropriate vocabulary words presented on backpacks, then identify the sound and match it to the corresponding letter on a bag rack.
Perfect for use during kindergarten literacy centers or with small groups of students, this beginning sound craft activity is simple to prepare and can be used again and again. Color, partial color and black and white versions are included for the picture cards along with recording sheets for students to record their learning.
⭐ This Back to School Kindergarten Literacy Center is also included in the following bundle:
What’s included in this Beginning Sounds Craft Literacy Center for Kindergarten?
- Aa – Zz Backpack Racks (color or black and white)
- 78 Picture Cards – 3 for each letter (color, partial color, or black and white)
- Recording sheets – Optional
How to best use this Kindergarten Back to School Beginning Sounds Craft Activity?
- Learners can choose a few of the letters to practice.
- They will identify the backpack pictures with the correct beginning sounds and match it up to the correct rack.
- Learners can then record their answers in the recording sheet, if desired.
Preparing this Back to School Beginning Sound Literacy Center:
- Print and laminate the pages.
- Cut apart to create the racks and backpack pictures.
- Print recording sheets if required.
For more engaging Kindergarten Alphabet and Beginning Sounds Activities, check out the following resources:
- Winter Alphabet A-Z Puzzles – Sequencing Puzzles – Kindergarten Literacy Center
- Alphabet Letter Matching Activity – Kindergarten Back to School Literacy Center
- Alphabet Dominoes – Alphabet Recognition
- Alphabet Mystery Puzzles
- Alphabet Clip Cards – Letter Recognition
- Winter Alphabet Match-Up (Beginning Sounds Craft)
- Spring Alphabet Match-Up (Beginning Sounds Craft)
- Alphabet Beginning Sounds Clip Cards
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review. Happy teaching! 🙂
Have a Question?
Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org