Pencils Rhyming Puzzles Activity – Kindergarten Back to School Literacy Center
This Pencil Rhyming Puzzles Activity makes the perfect Literacy Center for your Kindergarten students this Back to School season. Learners will identify the words that rhyme with each other and match the pencils based on the rhyming sounds.
Perfect for use during kindergarten literacy centers or with small groups of students, this back to school rhyming puzzles activity is simple to prepare and can be used again and again. Color and black and white picture cards are provided along with an optional black and white worksheet for students to further demonstrate their learning. Picture cards are included with words.
⭐ This printable is also part of the following bundles:
What is included in this Back to School Pencil Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten?
- 31 Pencil Puzzles
- List of Words
- Recording Sheet
- Black and White copies (also includes a version with less color ink)
How do learners complete this Back to school Pencil Rhyming Puzzles activity?
- Present learners with the pencil puzzles cut apart.
- Learners will sound out the word and identify the word that rhymes with it and match the pieces together.
- They will create a pencil puzzle.
- They can then record their answers in the recording sheet if required.
Preparing this Back to School Literacy Activity for Kindergarten:
- Print the pages, laminate them and cut them apart.
- Print recording sheets, if using.
How to best use this Kindergarten Rhyming Pencils Puzzles Literacy Center:
- Explore during morning work
- Assign as supplemental literacy centers
- Implement these centers in an independent way or use them with small-groups.
For more engaging Kindergarten Literacy Activities, check out the following resources:
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review. Happy teaching! 🙂
Have a Question?
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org