Color Sort and Match Mats – Kindergarten Back to School Math Center & Worksheets
These Color Sort / Color Match Mats will make the perfect Math Center activity for your Kindergarten students this Back to School season. Encouraging exploration of 11 colors, this engaging back to school math center features age-appropriate images of objects to allow learners to connect the colors to the world around them.
Perfect for use during kindergarten math centers or with small groups of students, these back to school color math mats are simple to prepare and can be used again and again. A paint palette for each color is provided for reference along with recording sheets and worksheets.
⭐ This printable is also part of the following bundles:
What is included in the Back to School Color Math Center for Kindergarten?
- 11 Color Paint Palettes
- 33 Color Paint Splat Pictures (3 for each color)
- 3 recording sheets
- 3 worksheets
How do learners complete this Kindergarten Color Match and Sort Math Center?
- Present learners with the color palettes and color splat picture cards.
- Learners match each color splat card to the corresponding color palette.
- If using the recording sheets, students color each picture using the correct color.
- To consolidate learning, students complete the worksheets by coloring each picture the correct color.
Preparing this Back to School Kindergarten Color Math Center:
- Print the color palettes and color splat pictures and laminate. Cut apart the color splats.
- Print recording sheets and worksheets, if using.
How to best use this Back to School Color Match and Sort Center:
- Explore during morning work
- Assign as supplemental math centers
- Implement these centers in an independent way or use them with small-groups.
For more engaging and Hands-On Kindergarten Color Activities, check out the following resources:
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review. Happy teaching! 🙂
Are you following The Chatty Kinder?
Be sure to follow my TpT store and never miss a new resource.
You can also follow me on Instagram @TheChattyKinder.
Or check out The Chatty Kinder blog for free printables.
For freebies, sign up for my mailing list over here.
Have a question? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org