Syllable Sorting Activity – Kindergarten Back to School Literacy Center
This Syllables Sorting Activity makes the perfect Literacy Center for your Kindergarten students this Back to School season. Learners will identify the number of syllables on each of the dough picture cards and sort based on the number of syllables.
Perfect for use during kindergarten literacy centers or with small groups of students, this back to school syllable sorting activity is simple to prepare and can be used again and again. Color and black and white picture cards are provided along with an optional black and white worksheet for students to further demonstrate their learning. Picture cards are included both with and without words.
⭐ This printable is also part of the following bundles:
What is included in this Back to School Syllable Sorting Activity for Kindergarten?
- 24 Dough Picture Cards (with words and without words)
- 4 Dough Containers (with # Syllables)
- Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
- Black and White copies
How do learners complete this Back to school Syllable Sorting activity?
- Present learners with the dough containers and the dough balls with the pictures to sort.
- Learners will sound out the word and identify the number of syllables in it by clapping or otherwise.
- They will place the ball onto the correct container.
- They can then record their answers in the recording sheet if required.
Preparing this Back to School Literacy Activity for Kindergarten:
- Print the pages, laminate them and cut them apart.
- Print recording sheets, if using.
How to best use this Kindergarten Syllable Sorting Literacy Center:
- Explore during morning work
- Assign as supplemental literacy centers
- Implement these centers in an independent way or use them with small-groups.
If you loved this resource, be sure to let me know by leaving a review. Happy teaching! 🙂
Have a question?
Please email me at [email protected]