Looking for a fun way to practice math and literacy skills with your kindergarteners and first graders? These Spring Mystery Puzzles are the perfect option for your Kindergarten Spring Math and Literary Centers. This spring puzzles printable contains 33 mystery picture puzzle each with a fun Spring theme! Each mystery puzzle focuses on a specific math or literacy skills. Students will match the puzzle pieces to the puzzle mats to reveal the mystery picture solving the mystery puzzle! These puzzles are also great for your early finishers, enrichment opportunities, morning work, or even intervention groups. Grab these Spring Picture Puzzles and practice those math and literacy facts with your preschoolers, kindergarteners and first graders! Click here or on the image below to grab your copy of this printable.
Spring Puzzles | Kindergarten Math and Literacy Mystery Picture Puzzles
I love using puzzles to teach concepts because of the fun and engaging manner which puzzles use. I have been using these puzzles to teach several concepts both in math and literacy. The main reason I love these puzzles are the fact that they are low-prep and easy-cut apart puzzles. The straight lines make it so much easier to prep the puzzles for your learners to put together.
These Spring puzzles are so much versatile, since they can be used to practice so many different concepts all within the same concept of putting together a puzzle. The puzzle reveals a hidden picture, which makes that the activity is self-checking. This makes this activity a fun independent activity for your learners since if they are unable to get the hidden picture, the puzzle has not been solved correctly.
The printable consists of two sets of puzzles:
- Math Mystery Puzzles
- Literacy Mystery Puzzles
All of the puzzles are spring-themed, so the hidden picture is a fun and cute spring themed picture! As the learner puts the puzzle pieces together based on their knowledge, they will slowly reveal the hidden picture!
Prepping the Spring Picture Puzzles
All of the puzzles can be prepped in the same method. I love these puzzles because of the fact that they are so easy to prep. The straight lines make it so easy to cut apart and create the puzzles rather than trying to navigate those tricky round corners.
Simply choose which of the puzzles you’d like to use, and print out the puzzle mats and the pages with the matching puzzle pieces.
Laminate the pages of the puzzle mats for durability.
Laminate the pages of the puzzle pieces and cut apart to create the puzzle pieces.
You can store the puzzle pieces in a ziplock bag and keep the puzzle mat together with the ziplock bag in an envelope at a math or literacy center.
Spring Math Mystery Picture Puzzles | Spring Kindergarten Math Center
- Spring 2D Shapes (3 puzzles)
- Number Recognition to 10 (2 puzzles)
- Number Recognition to 20 (2 puzzles)
- Addition to 10 (3 puzzles)
- Subtraction within 10 (3 puzzles)
- Ten Frame (1 puzzle)
- Twenty Frame (1 puzzle)
- Counting to 10 (2 puzzles)
- Counting to 20 (2 puzzles)
- Missing Addends (3 puzzles)
Spring Literacy Mystery Picture Puzzles | Spring Kindergarten Literacy Center
- Uppercase Alphabet Recognition (2 Puzzles)
- Lowercase Alphabet Recognition (2 Puzzles)
- CVC Words (2 Puzzles)
- Rhyming Match (2 Match-up puzzles)
- Beginning Sounds (3 Puzzles)
The instructions for these puzzles remain the same. Learners will match the puzzle pieces based on the puzzle to the puzzle mat to reveal the mystery picture. In this picture above, the CVC word pet is being matched to the picture of a pet on the puzzle mat.
The printable also includes alphabet recognition and beginning sounds activities. In these puzzles, the learner will match the alphabet on the puzzle piece onto the puzzle mat. Since the puzzle includes both uppercase and lowercase alphabet letters, this allows for differentiation of this alphabet recognition activity.
For the beginning sound activities, the puzzle mat contains pictures of several objects. The learner will identify the beginning sound of each object, and pick up the puzzle piece which contains the letter of the beginning sound on it. They will place the puzzle piece onto the puzzle mat and continue working their way through the puzzle mat until the whole puzzle is completed!
There are a total of 33 Math and Literacy Spring Mystery Puzzles, which allows for a ton of fun and hands-on practice for your little learners. If you loved these mystery puzzles, make sure to check out the other mystery picture puzzles printables that are available below!
Check out these other mystery picture puzzles printables:
- Alphabet Mystery Picture Puzzles – 74 puzzles (Letter Recognition and Beginning Sounds)
- Number Sense Mystery Picture Puzzles – 40 puzzles (Counting, number recognition, place value, subitizing, addition)
- Winter Math Mystery Picture Puzzles – 14 puzzles (Subitizing, counting, shapes)
- Spring Sequencing Picture Puzzles – 15 puzzles (Alphabet and Number sequencing puzzles)
- FREE Valentine Math Picture Puzzles – 9 Puzzles (Number recognition, Shapes, Subitizing)
If you loved this printable, make sure to check out these other Spring Printables:
- 2D Shapes in Everyday Objects Clip Cards Freebie
- 2D Shapes Frog Clip Cards Freebie
- Free Place Value Task Cards (Spring Themed)
- Write the Fact Family: Addition and Subtraction (Spring Themed)
- Spring Number Bond Task Cards
- Alphabet Match-up – Beginning Sounds
- Number Match-up – Number Sense
- Rhyming Caterpillar – Word Family Activity
- Spring Math and Literacy Clip Cards
- Addition and Subtraction Hands-On Mats
- Middle Sounds Vowel Sorting