Do your learners need more help with their place value? Grab this set of Free Place Value Blocks Task Cards printable for a fun Kindergarten Spring Math Center. This place value freebie is a spring themed place value math center ideal for K-2nd graders to practice their place value using base 10 blocks for numbers between 0 to 100. Grab these free place value task cards for a fun and hands-on kindergarten spring math center. Grab your free copy of this place value blocks printable at the end of this post and then head over and grab this MEGA bundle of Kindergarten Spring Activities.
Free Place Value Blocks Printable
Scroll to the bottom of the post and click on the link <Place Value Task Cards> to download your free place value blocks printable.
These task cards are a quick, low-prep printable that allows learners to practice their place value using base 10 blocks. Since the blocks only feature numbers 0 to 100 it is perfect for kindergarteners and first graders to firm up their place value concepts.
Kindergarten Spring Math Center – Place Value
Spring is a wonderful time of the year! With new beginnings, new baby animals there are plenty of learning opportunities for little learners. These place value task cards are perfect for your little learners to practice their place value while having some spring fun!
Place value is an important mathematical concept that learners need to learn. The more practice learners have with place value the firmer the concept becomes. This allows learners have a better concept of their numbers which in turn helps with concepts such as addition and subtraction.
Spring Place Value Blocks Task Cards – Free Printable
Place value is a very important concept, as it helps learners to build an association with different numbers and allows them to see connections and relations between certain numbers. Place value is also a very important concept to understand addition and subtraction of larger numbers.
The printable includes:
- 20 task cards
- Recording sheet
- Answer Key
- Free place value printable (at the end of this post)
- Clothes pin or circle counters
Prepping the Printable:
Download and print the printable. Laminate the pages and cut apart to create the place value task cards.
Instructions to Use the Printable:
- Keep the cards and a stack of recording sheets at a math center.
- Students take the cards, count the number of tens and ones and write down the correct number in the recording sheet.
- If students need help, they can make use of base 10 blocks to help them identify the number.
- If you’d like to use the cards as a “Write the Room” activity, simply tape them around the room and give your learners clipboards and a blank recording sheet. They can move around the room to find the cards and write the correct answers in the corresponding spots on the recording sheet.
Check out these math printables as well!
- Write the Fact Family: Addition and Subtraction (Spring Themed)
- Spring Number Bond Task Cards
- PreK-K Football Math Centers (28 centers)
- Write The Room Fact Family: Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication Fact Booklets
- Seasonal Number Bond Task Cards
- FREE! Spot the Difference Printable
- FREE! Addition to 30 Task Cards
- FREE! Addition to 20 Task Cards Set 1
- FREE! Addition to 20 Task Cards Set 2
- FREE! Addition to 10 Task Cards
- FREE! Addition to 5 Task Cards
Check out this MEGA Bundle of Kindergarten Spring Activities. Click on the image below to check it out!