Leaf Number Bond Task Cards Printable
Leaf Number Bond Task Cards
Looking for a fun way to teach addition and subtraction. Grab this free set of leaf number bond task cards and solve the missing number using addition or subtraction.
Number bond activities help kids build their understanding of the part-part-whole concept, which refers to a whole number being made up of two or more parts.
Leaf Number Bond Task Cards – Free Math Printable
Scroll to the bottom of this post and enter in your details in the GREEN box at the end of this post. You should receive an email with the printable. Do check your junk or spam email, as it might have ended up there as well. If you have any issues please contact me at email@example.com
Teaching Number Bonds
My normal method to teaching anything related to addition or subtraction is using counters. Physical objects definitely make comprehending the facts much easier. Anything such bear counters, snap cubes, or even buttons will do. Using two differently coloured buttons is likely to make things clearer, so leaners can visually see the two parts becoming a whole.
This set of number bonds covers number bonds until 20. If you would like a differentiated set of number bonds be sure to check this set below.
Spring Math Centers
This set is spring themed, which matches most of the new math centers that I have recently created. I plan on releasing quite a few spring related math centers between PreK to 3rd grade, so do check back for new printables. Scroll to the end of this post or click here to look for other posts related to math centers.
You might be interested in this printable as well!
Leaf Number Bond Task Cards
I love teaching maths using task cards as opposed to worksheets because they just seem less daunting and normally are straightforward to solve. Task cards are ideal for students who don’t like being overwhelmed with numbers and like to go through questions one by one instead of having to deal with looking at multiple questions on the same page.
- Free printable (at the end of this post)
- Laminator (if desired)
How to Use:
- Simply print the sheets in colour or black and white.
- Laminate if desired and cut apart.
- Print out a few copies of the recording sheets and place it at a math center.
This printable contains:
- 20 Task Cards (in colour and black and white)
- Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
Ideas for Using The Printable:
If your leaners need help solving the number bonds, provide them with physical pieces to allow them to solve using that.
Ask them what other ways the number can be formed using two parts. For e.g. 5 can be 1+4 or 2+3.
Get your learners to write down the equation for the number bond they just solved. This can be done as an extension to this activity.
Check out these math printables as well!
- Free Place Value Task Cards (Spring Themed)
- Write the Fact Family: Addition and Subtraction (Spring Themed)
- Spring Math Center: Frog Counting Clip Cards
- What’s the Greatest Number? (Free Spring Math Center)
- Spring Number Bond Task Cards
- PreK-K Football Math Centers (28 centers)
- Write The Room Fact Family: Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication Fact Booklets
- Seasonal Number Bond Task Cards
- FREE! Spot the Difference Printable